Wednesday 9 October 2013

DRAFTING/PLANNING/ORGANISATION

I have an idea for one of the frames in my trailer; I'd want the two girls to be in the park, and then maybe one of them swinging on the swing and seeing a black shadow in the distance (black shadow being their demonic father. However when I picture this I picture it in a certain way; I imagine the lighting to be normal daylight lighting however with a slight dullness to it to portray the horror, I also picture the camera being at a high angle with the little girl looking up to it smiling; the high angle could suggest the innocence of the little girl and the fact that something/someone there is more powerful than her. I have been looking at trailers with little girls in to try and find the type of scene I want and I have come accross the trailer for 'Hide and Seek' which entails a frame where the girl is in the park which is similar to how I'd like mine.



The colours in this frame are rather dull; even though the little girl is wearing a bright red coat it seems this picture has been edited to bring down any outstanding colours- doing this makes it seem quite lifeless and empty which helps to convey that there is even though the girl is happy, there is something thats not right; almost like the lighting is foreshadowing the fact that something will happen. In addition to this, I think the weather in this scene helps a lot with trying to portray dullness. When shooting my scene I will try to get it in a wooden looking place where there is hardly any grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment